Thursday, August 7, 2008

What time is it?

Mostly, people suck. The other night, a drunk man was at a deli while crying about wanting to see his son. He was also, of course, yelling at me with all the required projectile saliva. The deli cashier told the drunk man not to curse in front of young kids like us (Mark and I). Ah, the benefits of looking like a 14 year old. Before all of this, on the way to the deli, someone drove by saying, "Fucking asians." Conor jokes that maybe the man was saying "I love fucking asians" and I just didn't catch the first part.

Anyhow, Conor likes to wake up at 5 am to torture himself (he calls it working out). So, in an effort to un-rust myself, I photographed him.

IMG_6320

IMG_6460 copy

IMG_6503

Afterwards, I got a bagel at Bagel Corner, then a large iced coffee (no sugar) at Starbucks, where I got to meet Jonathan.

IMG_6558

Apparently he skates, shoots photo and video, but wishes he'd get more into photography. Cool guy, not grouchy at 6:30 in the morning. See, not everyone's an asshole.

IMG_6536

1 comment:

Stuart Peterson said...

Go back to his workout sessions and use the geometry of the park more! So many good lines.

The sky in Riverdale gets so pretty sometimes. It's crazy.